“Oodgeroo” Dress Navy Organic Cotton
A full length, dramatic dress that’s inspired by our Birute – we took the ruched chest, paired it with a full length, bias cut ample skirt and ample sleeves that are gathered by elastic in two spots to create a dreamy puffy silhouette, reminiscent of renaissance dresses.
Product fit details
- The dress is a maxi-length, in a navy blue fabric, it has an adaptable ruche in the middle of the chest, a square neckline and long puffed sleeves with two elastic gathers that create a renaissance resembling silhouette.
- Karin is wearing 4XL and her height is 1.64m
- Standard length from waistline to hem is 102cms (can vary a few cms depending on size, standard length was measured on size XL)
- A soft as butter fully opaque GOTS certified organic cotton with the most beautiful sheen – resembles a medium-thickness satin, but with a bit of a stiffer body and no plastic in sight.
- The gathers on the sleeves are made with elastic thread, to ensure a comfortable fit
- The ruching on the chest can be adjusted as it is not sewn fixed, but set by how loosely or tightly the string is tied
Psst, wanna know who Oodgeroo Noonuccal is?
Oodgeroo Noonuccal was Australian Indigenous writer and political activist, considered the first of the modern-day Indigenous protest writers. Her first volume of poetry, “We Are Going”, is the first book by an Indigenous woman to be published. Oodgeroo received numerous awards, such as the Mary Gilmore medal, the Jessie Litchfield Award, the International Acting Award and the Fellowship of Australian Writers Award.