“Leola” Dress Mini Periwinkle Organic Cotton
€ 240.00 -40% OFF
A reiteration of last summer’s Leola, the mini version has all the flair without the weight – we removed the sleeves and shortened the length so it’s more hot climate friendly and modified the vertical frills so that they fall on the shoulders similarly to a butterfly sleeve. Features a full circle skirt, finished in adorable ruffles – honestly, with this dress, who cares about the prince.
Product fit details
- Made from soft voile in periwinkle, the dress is a knee-length, A line silhouette, has one ruffle on the bottom part of the full circle skirt. The top part has two lateral ruffles that come down towards the waist in a V shape and is sleeveless.
- Patricia is wearing XL and her height is 1.57m
- Standard length from waistline to hem is 50cms (can vary a few cms depending on size, standard length was measured on size XL)
- The softest, dreamiest, sheer GOTS certified organic cotton. An absolute dream for anyone with sensory issues or who reside in hot climates.
- Fully doubled & lined with GOTS certified organic cotton
- Features a monk collar with a tiny ruffle and two ribbon bands that can be tied in a bow as a closing system
- Waistline is elasticated for ease of comfort
Psst, wanna know who Leola King is?
Leola King, also known as the Queen of the “Harlem of the West” was one of the first Black women to own and run a Bay Area night club in the 1950s. The San Francisco Redevelopment Agency began taking King’s properties through eminent domain, paying her a small percentage of what they were worth, and eventually wiping her out financially. Ms. King continued to fight the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency for just compensation until she passed away in 2015 in Palm Springs, CA.
Lance Burton, founder of Planet Fillmore Communications, who grew up in the Fillmore and remembers King in her heyday wrote after her death in 2015: “Mrs. King was like a big movie star to many of us, a star who brought some very bright moments to our community—maybe the most golden period of years ever to have been seen in San Francisco by black folks before or since… Mrs. King gave our people a chance to dress up and shine in a Sunday evening of glory. That’s the image we ought to remember, because everyone else wants to obliterate any image of greatness among Black people.”
WASH AND CARE
Hand wash or machine wash at 30ºC. Do not use bleach. Do not tumble dry. Line dry or dry flat. Iron inside out, on low temperature setting.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
100% Organic Cotton (GOTS Certified)
XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL, 6XL, 7XL, 8XL, 9XL, 10XL
There are no reviews yet.