“Frida” Dress Cloud Organic Cotton
€ 185.00 -25% OFF
A loose, comfortable, yet dreamy and whimsical item that comes in every size is hard to come by – as usually oversized items have a minimal or sporty feel. Layered to everyone’s delight and puffy sleeves for days, the Frida is as girly dreamy chic as it is lightweight and wearable in any situation.
Product fit details
- Made from soft voile in a baby blue cloud print, the dress lands in between knee-length and midi depending on your height and has two asymmetrical tiers – the bottom one looking like a frill. The bodice has a lace path at the neckline, can be both off-shoulder and up and has puffed sleeves that end in a ruffle as well. The overall silhouette is oversized and poofy, but looks great with a belt as well.
- Nazerke is wearing S and her height is 1.62m
- Standard length from waistline to hem is 60cms (can vary a few cms depending on size, standard length was measured on size XL)
- The softest, dreamiest, sheer GOTS certified organic cotton. An absolute dream for anyone with sensory issues or who reside in hot climates.
- Fully doubled & lined with GOTS certified organic cotton
- Features a lace path that can be tied as loosely/tightly as you want to control the depth of the decoltage and even turn it into an off shoulder dress
- Gathers on the sleeves created with elasticated thread for ease of comfort
Psst, wanna know who Frida Kahlo is?
While Mexican artist Frida Kahlo was working at a time before the term ‘feminist art’ existed, her paintings, using a naive folk art style, explored questions of identity, gender, class, race and post-colonialism in Mexican society.
Kahlo is mostly known for her deeply personal self-portraits, and she often translated her own life experiences onto the canvas. Her work is retrospectively seen as feminist because the artist made it legitimate for women to outwardly display their pains, frustrations and passions, and therefore made steps towards making sense of and understanding them. Her conviction and raw talent, has meant she’s become a role model for many.