“Oshun” Bridal Dress Organic Cotton
Product fit details
- Made from two layers – the layer underneath is made from organic cotton sateen and it has an upper layer of a soft, flowy voile that gives it a dreamy look. Both cottons are GOTS certified and really pleasant to the touch. The dress is a true wrap, so the front parts are not sewn together, they overlap and are tied together at the back or at the front. The skirt part is floor length, ample but not dramatically so and it has a 1m flowy train. The train has a button that you can use to gather it and wear it up as well. The mutton sleeves are made from soft voile and end in an elasticated cuff.
- Karin is wearing 4XL and her height is 1.64m and Mariame is wearing XS and her height is 1.73m.
- Standard length from waistline to hem is 65cms – it can vary a few cms depending on size, standard length was measured on size XL. The dresses photographed may have also been altered to fit the models’ heights, so we encourage you to get in touch to get a custom length suited for you for the Bridal line.
- The standard length of the chords that are used to tie the fron parts is 110 cm – if you are in a bigger body and would like to tie the dress at the front, please request a longer chord (we don’t make it longer by default because then if you would like to only tie it at the back, the chord can possibly drag on the floor and be too long for someone who only wants it tied at the back)
- The softest, dreamiest, sheer GOTS certified organic cotton as well as a layer of a thicker GOTS certified organic cotton that has a beautiful sheen.
Psst, wanna know who Oshun is?
Oshun is a supernatural entity recognized as both a spirit and a goddess in the Yoruba religion of West Africa. She presides over fertility, love, and freshwater, is the patroness of the Osun River in Nigeria. Oshun has also been described as the maintainer of spiritual balance or mother of sweet things. As one of the ancient Yoruba myths suggests, the world as we know it would not exist if Oshun hadn’t been sent to our world. Her sweet and powerful waters brought life back to Earth and humanity. Oshun is depicted as the goddess who not only gives life but also takes it.
WASH AND CARE
Hand wash or machine wash at 30ºC. Do not use bleach. Do not tumble dry. Line dry or dry flat. Iron inside out, on low temperature setting.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES