“Komako” Dress White Cotton
A layered wonder of a dress, with puffy, ruffled sleeves, a heart cutout detail above the chest and an open back, the Komako is THE dress to make a statement in. The back features a bow that you can tie yourself (it is not sewn together), which enables people who would prefer a bra to cover the back strap and also gives those who want to forego the bra support.
Product fit details
- Pela is wearing L and her height is 1.65m
- Standard length from waistline to hem is 110cms
- The fabric is a soft cotton, it is not stretchy
- Features an open back with two chords sewn on the sides that can be tied into a bow (so the bow is not sewn together/fixed, it can be adjusted)
- It does not feature a zipper (none of our items do, as we try to reduce consumption & waste to a minimum)
- A relaxed fit with the waistline gathered by elastic
- Lined with GOTS certified organic cotton
Psst, wanna know who Komako is?
“Sisters of the world, let’s gather our power, and shock the men who belittle us by saying, ‘What can women do?'”
Komako Kimura was an actress, dancer, theater manager, and magazine editor and a prominent Japanese suffragist that marched on fifth avenue in New York City demanding the right to vote. Her literary and theatrical work shaped the women’s rights and women’s suffrage movement in Japan.