“Huda” Dress Black Ecovero
£ 105.00 -50% OFF
We try to integrate some less dramatic items in our collections, both so that they are at more accessible price points and so that you can get as many wears possible out of them, as they are versatile in both form and function. The Huda dress is one such item, a basic with a twist – a classic A-line, or shift silhouette elevated by a playful frill at the bottom.
Product fit details
- Alua is wearing M and her height is 1.65m
- Standard length from shoulder to hem is 115cms
- The fabric is a soft ecovero viscose mix – the ecovero making it compostable in soil. Friendly to the skin & our Planet. It’s been certified by everyone who tried it on that wearing it feels like a hug.
- An A line silhouette, relaxed & flowy fit with short sleeves
- It does not feature a zipper (none of our items do, as we try to reduce consumption & waste to a minimum)
Psst, wanna know who Huda is?
Huda Shaarawi (1879–1947) was an Egyptian feminist who influenced not only women in Egypt but throughout the Arab world. She was a pioneer in feminism, and brought to light the restrictive world of upper-class women in her book The Harem Years, published in 1987.
Huda had a hand in many “firsts” for women in Egyptian society. In 1908, she founded the first philanthropic society run by Egyptian women, where they offered services for poor women and children. She believed that having women run such projects would challenge the view that women are created for men’s pleasure and in need of protection. In 1910, she opened a school for girls focused on academics, rather than teaching practical skills like midwifery which was common at the time.
Hoda Shaarawi continued to lead the Egyptian Feminist Union until her death, demonstrating and organizing the fight for women’s rights in the new Egypt. She represented Egypt at women’s conferences around the world, advocating for peace and disarmament. She was also a member (and in 1935, vice-president) of the International Alliance of Women for Suffrage and Equal Citizenship, and founding president of the Arab Feminist Union in 1945.
WASH AND CARE
Hand wash or machine wash at 30ºC. Do not use bleach. Do not tumble dry. Line dry or dry flat. Iron inside out, on low temperature setting.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES