“Taytu” Dress Red Velvet
A cute, playful dress with a deep V neckline that’s both very easy to “formalize” via accessorizing & also goes terribly well with a pair of boots and a leather jacket. Wonderfully versatile and the velvet makes it both warm and incredibly comfortable.
Product fit details
- Made from soft & warm organic cotton velvet, the Taytu is an above the knee skater silhouette dress with a half circle skirt, a deep V neckline and long fitted sleeves.
- Vivane is wearing L and her height is 1.73m.
- Standard length from waistline to hem is 47cms (can vary a few cms depending on size, standard length was measured on size L).
- A stretchy 100% organic cotton velvet that is soft to the touch, has wonderful body and weight to keep you warm in the colder months and a soft, sophisticated sheen.
- Feature an elasticated waist to ensure a comfortable fit.
Psst, wanna know who Taytu is?
Taytu Betul was an Ethiopian noblewoman who, together with her husband, Emperor Menelik II, ruled Ethiopia from 1889 to 1913. Taytu was renowned for her leading role in the war against Italy that culminated in the battle of Adwa. Taytu is said to have commanded 5,000 infantry and 600 cavalry in the fight against the Italians, who were trying to colonize Ethiopia. She founded Addis Ababa, which remains Ethiopia’s capital city today, and the final decades of her reign witnessed a period of modernization, which gradually opened Ethiopia up to trade and greater technical expertise.