“Aoua” Dress Red Velvet
A dress that feels like a present, the Aoua is one of those dresses that is meant to make you feel good, feel special, feel seen. It mixes just enough sexy with cute, comfy, it all comes together with soft, subtly glowy velvet.
Product fit details
- Made from soft & warm velvet, the Aoua is a midi length dress in a gentle A silhouette – so its skirt part is not dramatically flowy, but has enough fabric to not be body tight.The skirt has a slit and the waist is marked, followed by a ruched chest with a sweetheart neckline, puffy sleeves and a russian collar around the neck that is tied at the front with a bow – feeling like a present yet?
- Karin is wearing 4XL and her height is 1.60m.
- Standard length from waistline to hem is 68cms (can vary a few cms depending on size, standard length was measured on size S).
- A stretchy 100% organic cotton velvet that is soft to the touch, has wonderful body and weight to keep you warm in the colder months and a soft, sophisticated sheen.
- Fully doubled & lined with GOTS certified organic cotton.
Psst, wanna know who Aoua is?
Aoua Keita was a Malian midwife and anti-colonial activist. Born in Bamako, she won admission to the city’s first girls’ school in 1923. She went on to study midwifery in Dakar. In 1958, she was named as the RDA’s Commissioner for Women, and the following year was elected to Parliament, thereby becoming the first woman from French-speaking West Africa to be elected to the national legislative assembly of her country. Aoua was a very radical feminist who uses her liberation and freedom as a woman to demand the collective liberation of everyone. She went into exile in 1968 after the first government was overthrown in a coup. She relocated to Brazaville, where she lived and released her memoir “Femme D’Afrique, la vie d’Aoua Keita.”